Wednesday, April 27, 2011

27th April - approx 6 weeks since out of hospital.

Still in the high 87's, sometimes popping into the low 88kg range. I'm working hard but eating to much I guess. I walk the dogs every day at least once at a 5kg per hour rte for 35 mins - its about 3km. Today I went to a Body Balance class which is a mix of yoga and pilates - it was so hard, disheartening...but you gotta start somewhere. I do want to get into this stuff. A lady I spoke to before the class said it really strengthens the back and she gets no back injuries any more. Her last back injury was just in getting up off the couch. She looked in her late 40's or early 50's and she was nice and slim. The class had all ages and sizes and fitness levels. Some looked lean and strong and straight where-as I looked fat and bent and all-over-the-place. But I wasn't the only one.So I'll go each Wednesday I think, at least once a week and try to practice at home.

I'm also thinking of going to Body Jam as well. Its high impact, powerful, high cardio and the times flies. Body Balance is slow but just as hard work.

Easter has come and gone for this year - a 5 day long weekend. But someone was working through most of it, though we had some good quality time together too.

I feel good. I need to get more organised with my paperwork, and do a bit more organising around the house. I want to focus on health and fitness, especially while I can since I am not working.

BP is good.
Dizziness is rare, as is visual issues. I think I am close to 95% recovered. I remember feeling worried that I would never feel 'normal' again, and that was only 6 weeks ago when I left hospital and could hardly walk 200m with a walking stick. so that gets me wondering what else I can achieve with my body in another 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment